Sweet Potato Pizza Base
Base Ingredients (1 large Pizza)
1. 1 large sweet potato
2. 1 large egg
3. 1/4 cup almond flour
4. 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper
Use whatever, you have available and personalise it however you like!
- Tomato paste base
- Caramelised Onion (chop up a large onion, add a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook in a pan on low heat until soft)
- Bell Peper
- Sprinkle with pesto (or a bit of cheese)
Heat oven to 180 C (350 F)
1. Peel sweet potato and chop into large chunks.
2. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
3. Cook the sweet potato in the boiling water for 10-15 minuets (until soft to touch).
4. Place sweet potato in blender (or mash by hand).
5. Add egg and combine.
6. Add flour, salt, pepper and mix thoroughly (The dough wants to be a little bit sticky, if it is too liquidy, add a more flour).
7. Place a large sheet of baking paper on a flat surface. Using a knife, evenly and thinly spread the dough onto baking paper. (It will be very soft at this point).
8. Slide or lift baking paper straight onto oven tray and bake for 20-25 minuets or until it becomes firm and darker in colour.
9. Remove from the oven and carefully flip base.
10. Add all your toppings, to what was the bottom - then return to the oven for a further 10 minuets (or longer if you want it crispy)
10. Slice and enjoy!